Banana bread by Nourish & Balance
Just in time for the weekend is this gorgeous recipe from Emma & Alex Hardy - the sisters behind food blog, Nourish & Balance.
“It’s a chocolate chip banana bread that goes great with a cup of tea on a Sunday afternoon! It’s a vegan bake if you leave out the chocolate chips”.
• 3 over ripe bananas
• 115g coconut sugar
• 60g melted non dairy spread (use butter if you don’t want the bake to be vegan)
• 180g self raising flour (use gf flour if you want the bake to be gluten free)
• 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
• Packet of chocolate chips (optional)
1. Pre heat over to 180c
2. Mash bananas then mix in the sugar
3. Melt butter in a pan and then add to banana and sugar mixture and combine
4. Add the flour and baking powder and mix until combined
5. Pour mixture into a greased loaf tin
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes (Cover with foil if top starts to brown)